Nowadays a heated driveway system is becoming popular. To prevent slip or fall, driveway heating by heavenly heat is what one must opt for. A snow melting system provides 24/7 access and eliminates the task of shoveling.
Before going ahead, check out the process of installation and things to consider.
Identify the objective to install Snow Melting System
You need to first understand the major purpose of installing a heated driveway. If you want to remove the shoveling process, then you must get the entire surface heated. You can opt for a pair of heated tire tracks in case of the steep driveway.
Another point to consider is the surface which is being heated. Heating systems are good for surfaces which are concrete base or asphalt. Further, the installation is matched with the system.
Determine the System for Driveway Heating by Heavenly Heat
Heated driveway systems are based on hydraulic systems as well as an electric system. Electric cables are used in the later to provide heat to the driveway. The best part is the electric system is 100% efficient. Also, it requires less maintenance.
Snow melting cables come in different options. The most commonly used is the low voltage Tuff Cable.
Also to activate electric snowmelt you can choose manual switch as well as an automated snow sensor.
Next, you need to ensure power availability. Only a few areas of the driveway if heated can lead to desirable results.
Preparations for System
1) Excavation: It is suggested to consult before beginning any digging work. Concrete once removed results into the preparation of the site for further installation. Identify the locations for control units for bringing in power. Next plan has to be made for bringing in cold leads to the area which needs to be heated. Make sure the ground is suitable for concrete pour and system working efficiently.
2) Plan the spacing which varies on the usage of cable and what kind of cable you are using.
3) You need to avoid the passing of cable through crack control joints. Instead, it is better to use a joint jumper.
4) The junction box is used depending upon the location of the project and the size. It needs to be done early for commencing the next steps.
Process of Installation:
If the preparations are in place, it is quite smooth to install the cable.
- In the first step, you need to attach the cable-to-wire. A remesh usage is done for raising the cable. This leads to an equal distribution of heat.
- Next, the installation of jumpers is done where cracks are visible.
- Further activation device and the control units are installed. The proper connection is built up.
- After this, the system is laid out. The manufacturer needs to run the system and do proper testing. The technician will see that the system is working properly and further, the new asphalt or concrete is poured.
You are ready to melt any snow which may occur on your driveway.
Comments are closed.